FastCgi and Apache problem (fwd)

Stanley Gambarin (
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:05:37 -0500

Subject: FastCgi and Apache problem (fwd)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:05:37 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <>

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Thu, 09 Jan 1997 14:39:18 +0100
From: Valery Brasseur <>
Subject: FastCgi and Apache problem

I am trying to use Apache fastCGI with an CGI on another host. When i
try to access my URL  I got the error 'No AppClass directive for
requested file'

My WEB server is configured with :
(in conf/access.conf)

ExternalAppClass echo.fcg -host p180:8081 (p180 is my other host)

# Have mod_fastcgi handle requests for the echo app
<Location /echo.fcg>
SetHandler fastcgi-script

and I run my "echo2" CGI on other machine (p180) with cgi-fcgi on port

What's wrong ? did I missed some config information ? or is it an Apache
bug ?

Other question : did someone have hints about session-id implementation
for Apache. This is because I need it and myabe like to go implement it.

------- End of Forwarded Message