Re: FastCgi and Apache problem (fwd)

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:47:20 -0500

To: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: Re: FastCgi and Apache problem (fwd)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:47:20 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

	I can see one problem right from the start.  When specifying an
executable for ExternalAppClass or AppClass, you must provide full
pathname to it.  Therefore, you should change the above to
ExternalAppClass /full/path/to/echo.fcg  ....
This is because Apache changes directory and ExternalAppClass looks up
the executable using current directory as reference.  So, when you make
the request for echo.fcg (specified in Location), Apache translates the
path relative to ServerRoot directory and tries to find appropriate
entry.  But it can not, since it treats echo.fcg and /some/directory/echo.fcg
differently.
				Hope that was of some help...
							Stanley.