Re: problems building sfio under BSD

Gary Shea (shea@xmission.com)
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:04:08 -0700

Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:04:08 -0700
To: maurice@hevanet.com, fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
From: shea@xmission.com (Gary Shea)
Subject: Re: problems building sfio under BSD

Hi Maurice --

The problems you are having are due to mismatches between
BSDI's prototypes and those in sfhdr.h.  What I did was to
go through and fix the sfhdr.h def's to match those in the
respective header files (which the compiler helpfully identifies
for you).

Interestingly, I didn't have as many problems as you, and not
the same ones... I had a mismatch only on the def'n of select,
which BSDI failed to 'const' an argument of.  I took the const
out of the sfhdr.h prototype and it compiled and tested
just fine.

At 08:18 AM 1/11/97 +0000, maurice@hevanet.com wrote:
>	Hello.  I'm attempting to build sfio for use with fast-cgi under BSD.
>My initial problems were solved by Gary Shea's message to the list on Dec. 16
>(thanks Gary).  However, I'm now getting these errors:
>
># make
>gcc -c -I. -O  sfclose.c
>In file included from sfclose.c:1:
>sfhdr.h:619: conflicting types for `lseek'
>/usr/include/sys/types.h:84: previous declaration of `lseek'
>sfhdr.h:650: conflicting types for `recv'
>/usr/include/sys/socket.h:331: previous declaration of `recv'
>*** Error code 1
>
>	Has anyone else experienced this?  What was the solution?
>I'm running under BSD 2.1.6.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Maurice L. Marvin <maurice@hevanet.com>

Gary Shea                                          Salt Lake City, Utah
shea@xmission.com                         http://www.xmission.com/~shea