[fwd] Assertion failure in mod_fastcgi.c

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:24:30 -0500

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: [fwd] Assertion failure in mod_fastcgi.c
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:24:30 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 17:05:47 -0500 (EST)
From: Gregory Murphy <gjmurphy@cethsun.Princeton.EDU>
To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
Subject: Assertion failure in mod_fastcgi.c

	[I could swear this problem was addressed once already on the list,
but browsing through the mail archive, I fail to find a response...]

	My Perl5 fcgi application occaisonally causes an assert() to fail in
mod_fastcgi, namely:

    mod_fastcgi.c:1375:
    failed assertion `count >= 0 && count <= bufPtr->length'

I'm running under Solaris 2.5, and using the Apacher HTTP server, version
1.1.1.  There is no regular pattern of behavior within my application
that I can detect which leads to the problem.

Any suggestions?

- - Gregory Murphy

CETH, the Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities
Princeton University

------- End of Forwarded Message