Re: BUG REPORT

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:08:31 -0500

To: swensonj@netcom.com (James M. Swenson)
Subject: Re: BUG REPORT
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 14:08:31 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> Description of the problem:
>
> On a rare occasion, I've seen Apache generating the following when
> running my Fast CGIs:
>
>     Assertion failed: len > 0, file mod_fastcgi.c, line 1564
>

> - Jim

	Thanks for submitting the bug report.  The information that you
have provided was very useful in quickly analysing and fixing the problem.
It seems that the problem occurs when the data generated by the FastCGI
application plus header info is the exact multiple of the internal buffer
size (just an interesting side note).  The fix will make it in the next patch
release of mod_fastcgi.  In the meantime, you can use the following diff
applied to mod_fastcgi.c 1.3.3

mondo.openmarket> diff mod_fastcgi.c mod_fastcgi.c.old
4157,4160c4157,4158
<                 if(len>0) {
<                     BufferMove(infoPtr->erBufPtr, infoPtr->inbufPtr, len);
<                     infoPtr->dataLen -= len;
---
>                 BufferMove(infoPtr->erBufPtr, infoPtr->inbufPtr, len);
>                 infoPtr->dataLen -= len;

							Stanley.