Re: FastCGI, NCSA 1.5.2 & SSI

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:19:48 -0500

To: Scott Franzyshen <saf@bigsurf.net>
Subject: Re: FastCGI, NCSA 1.5.2 & SSI
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 13:19:48 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> I have succesfully installed the fcgi-devel-kit, Made perl5.003, and installed
> NCSA 1.5.2 HTTPD server. I have created a FCGI perl script to lookup values
> from a mSQL server. All of the above works fine, except I would like to be able to
> use this as a SSI(server side include). However when I attempt to use it with either
> the "exec cmd" or the "exec cgi" I get the following responce in the page,
>
> [an error occurred while processing this directive]
>
> I have even attempted to use the "include" and "include virtual" with the same result.
>
> Scott Franzyshen
> saf@bigsurf.net

	I took a brief look at the NCSA code and I don't think that it is
possible to use SSI with FastCGI apps.  All NCSA allows you to do is
either do an exec() and obtain output (for cgi) or just cat the file
(for regular includes).  Without being biased toward NCSA, I would like
to suggest Apache server, that does provide a way to support SSI with
FastCGI and remains highly compatible with NCSA configuration files.
								Stanley.