Re: NT 4.0 Libs

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:09:50 -0500

To: Darren Reinig <darren@aeonics.com>
Subject: Re: NT 4.0 Libs
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 16:09:50 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> Which web servers will FastCGI be supporting?  are these going to be
> written using NSAPI and ISAPI, or done some other way?
>
> Darren

	There seems to be a bit of misunderstanding here.  The FastCGI
library that has been ported to Win32 systems will enable software
developers to write FastCGI applications that can run on Win32.  It does
not imply anything about the ability of the web servers to use FastCGI.
The whole idea of wanting to be able to write Win32 FastCGI applications
became a major issue with using database access, where those systems
seemed to be preferable. (See mail archive for the discussion)  However to
access these applications, you can either use OpenMarket's Secure Web server
or you can use Apache/mod_fastcgi, configured to access remote FastCGI app
(see website http://www.fastcgi.com/servers/apache/ for more info).
	Any server-side implementation of FastCGI is currently implemented
in only small number of servers, but we always welcome an outside effort to
expand that list.  (for list of supporting servers,
http://www.fastcgi.com/servers/).
					Hope that was of some help.
							Stanley.