signals and FastCGI

Vladimir Stavitsky (vlads@lvalue.com)
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:59:40 -0500

Date: Sun, 26 Jan 1997 22:59:40 -0500
From: Vladimir Stavitsky <vlads@lvalue.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: signals and FastCGI

I went through FastCGI source code with grep trying to find where they
handle signals - found nothing. I have a feeling this problem is not
directly related to FastCGI. Anybody has at least answer (Ben?) why
there is nothing in their code dealing with signals? Or am i missing
something?

Thanks --

Vlad

> FastCGI traps signals?
>
> Ben Davenport (bpd@merc.com)
> Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:52:13 -0700
>
>    * In context of messages sorted by: [ date ][ thread ][ subject ][
>      author ]
>      the web server doesn't"

> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 09:52:13 -0700
> To: fastcgi-developers@openmarket.com
> From: Ben Davenport <bpd@merc.com>
> Subject: FastCGI traps signals?
>
> I have been trying to use signals to my (Perl) FastCGI scripts to cause
> them to shut down gracefully.  I have been unsuccessful so far, since it
> seems the FastCGI library traps all signals and does an exit.  Are there
> any signals it _doesn't_ trap?  I was extremely surprised when I found it
> traps SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2.
>
> -Ben
>
> --
> Ben Davenport   <bpd@merc.com>
> Experience varies directly with equipment ruined.

>      the web server doesn't"

                  he who hesitates is probably right

http://www.webvalue.com      Vlad Stavitsky          vlads@lvalue.com