Re: Returning image/gif Content-type

Nigel Metheringham (Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net)
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 17:16:36 +0000

To: Ron Klatchko <ron@narrowline.com>
From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net>
Subject: Re: Returning image/gif Content-type
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 17:16:36 +0000

} Nigel Metheringham wrote:
} > getting gd to write stdout is a bit of a problem - basically it needs to
} > fork and do things that way (seemed odd to me too!).
}
} Getting gd to write to standard out couldn't be simpler.  Simply
} do:
}
}     gdImageGif( gif, stdout );

Oops... what I said is a bit wrong, but the thrust was right...

I was specifically thinking of my use with it within the PHP apache
module, where you don't have stdin/stdout etc - you have apache buffers to
work with.  In this case you need to either fork and capture the output
stuffing it into buffers, or you need to write a file into temp storage
and shove that into buffers.

I guess that a similar problem may occur with FCGI, especially if the
libraries you are linking with don't respect your overriding of the normal
stdio stuff to give the tokenised stream used by fastcgi.

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@theplanet.net   - Unix Applications Engineer ]
[ *Views expressed here are personal and not supported by PLAnet* ]