FastCGI authorizer and env variables

Yalcin Bozcaada (bozcaada@OpenMarket.com)
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:39:47 -0500

Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 18:39:47 -0500
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
From: Yalcin Bozcaada <bozcaada@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: FastCGI authorizer and env variables

I am not sure if anyone answered this question. If this is a repeat, sorry.

John was asking:

> >Why aren't  the following environment variables sent to the fast-cgi
> >authorizer
> >process:???
> >
> >  PATH_INFO
> >  PATH_TRANSLATED

The answer is: They are sent. In your FastCGI authorizer program you will
normally access them with getenv("PATH_INFO") and getenv("PATH_TRANSLATED").
What are you trying to do and can't access them?

Yet, if you are authorizing a CGI program and you want to pass a PATH_INFO
to it even when you don't have one, you can do that by sending
Variable-PATH_INFO to the CGI program.

for example: This is your authorizer FastCGI program.

char *pinfo = getenv("PATH_INFO");
char *ptran = getenv("PATH_TRANSLATED");
.
.  (some code)
.

if( pinfo == NULL ) pinfo = "/Ads/General";
if( ptran == NULL ) ptran = "myprog/Ads/General";

printf("Status: 200 OK\r\n"
             "Variable-AUTH_TYPE: Digest\r\n"
             "Variable-REMOTE_PASSWD:\r\n"
             "Variable-PATH_INFO: %s\r\n"
             "Variable-PATH_TRANSLATED: %s\r\n"
              "\r\n", pinfo,ptran );

regards.

-yalcin Bozcaada

*- yalcin Bozcaada						-*
*- Open Market Inc. "The Internet Commerce Company"		-*
*- 245 First Street, Cambridge, MA 02142  USA			-*
*- www.openmarket.com						-*
*- Phone: +1 617 949 7543 					-*
*- TECHNICALLY STRONG TECHNICAL SUPPORT                         -*
*- My opinions are mine and you know the rest!                  -*
*- Work like you'll never die and                               -*
*- have fun like you'll die tomorrow.                           -*