No parent on apache-fastcgi/solaris x86

Michael Smith (mjs@cursci.co.uk)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:19:18 +0000

Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:19:18 +0000
From: Michael Smith <mjs@cursci.co.uk>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: No parent on apache-fastcgi/solaris x86

Quiet here ...

I'm just in the business of setting up apache/fastcgi to run on solaris
x86.  The following combination works fine:

Solaris 2.5 SPARC
Apache 1.2b4/1.2b6
Fastcgi 1.4.3

However, with the following combination

Solaris 2.5.1 i86
Apache 1.2b4/1.2b6
Fastcgi 1.4.3

I am finding that my child fastcgi processes have no parent, instead of
having as parent the fastcgi process manager as I would expect.  I have
only ever seen this problem on SPARC when running SSL, and seem to
remember something about the time it takes to start these processes up.
However this is a pretty powerful PC, and the web server starts up much
quicker than on SPARCs where I don't see this problem.

Anybody else seen anything similar/have any comments?

Mike