FastCGI Authorizer and Environment variables -repost/correction

yalcin Bozcaada (bozcaada@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:28:12 -0500

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 11:28:12 -0500
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
From: yalcin Bozcaada <bozcaada@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: FastCGI Authorizer and Environment variables -repost/correction

In my previous e-mail, I mentioned that PATH_INFO and PATH_TRANSLATED
environment variables would be available to FastCGI authorizer. Well, I was
not entirely correct.

An authorizer will run by the server, and server would not pass the
PATH_INFO, PATH_TRANSLATED, CONTENT_LENGTH and SCRIPT_NAME env variables to
the authorizer program. The authorizer program only needs to know the
region and server will allow or forbid access to that region according to
what authorizer program sends as a status code.

After the region is authorized, the variables mentioned above will be
available to whatever you do in that region. For instance, executing a CGI
program etc.

You can find the detailed spec about FastCGI authorizer at:
http://www.fastcgi.com/kit/doc/fcgi-spec.html#S6.3

-yalcin Bozcaada