Re: debuging fast-perl-cgi

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:50:33 -0500

To: Echo <echo@echo.cica.fr>
Subject: Re: debuging fast-perl-cgi
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 10:50:33 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> I would like to debug my Fast-perl script, and I have few question :
>
> 1) what does this mean :
> [Thu Feb 20 02:52:41 1997] shutdown: Invalid argument
> [Thu Feb 20 02:52:41 1997] - lingering_close

	This problem is related to Apache web server and has to deal
with closing network connections.  There has been a large discussion
on this problem, and the possible solutions (highly OS dependent) have
been outlined in the http://www.worldgate.com/~marcs/fin_wait_2.html

> 2) how to kill automaticaly fast-cgi server after a finite number of
> connections ?

	If you would like to kill off just one of the fastcgi processes,
you can keep a counter of how many requests have been processed and at
certain time just issue an exit(1).   Note that this will
terminate a current fastcgi process and the process manager will restart
it.  However, there is no good way to kill all servers after recieving
a number of requests (this would have to be done in the process manager
and would involve changing source code).
						Hope that was of some help.
							Stanley.