Re: Responder communication

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:04:09 -0500

To: "Bob Coons" <coons@netgravity.com>
Subject: Re: Responder communication
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:04:09 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> I have a responder program being called via server-side includes.
> I would like to share information between server-side includes on
> the same page.  For example the second server-side include knows
> what the first server-side include produced.
>
> Is there a way a responder can write information into a session
> parameter block that can be read by another responder being called
> on the same page?

	I do not think that there exists a support for such functionality
in the current implementations of SSI and FastCGI.  If you need to establish
communication between two scripts, you may write the output into a
predetermined file in first script and read it in the second script, however
this solution is not very elegant.  You are also not guaranteed the order
of the execution of the SSI, since the scripts may be executed last one first.
I guess the solution would have to be very application specific and would
involve either something like described above or hacking mod_include to pass
the output of the first script as an input to the second.
						Hope that was of some help.
							Stanley.