Re: undefined symbol when compiling Perl5.003

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:57:14 -0500

To: Yuxi Yin <yin@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: undefined symbol when compiling Perl5.003
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:57:14 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> I have no problem to compile Perl5.002 with fcgi-devel-kit on SunOS4.1(Sparc20).
> But when I compile Perl5.003 with it, I got the undefined symbol error as the following:
>
> gcc  -L/usr/local/lib -o miniperl miniperlmain.o libperl.a /net/zorro/apps/oraperl5/fcgi-devel-kit/libfcgi/libfcgi.a -lnsl -ldbm  -lm -lc -lposix
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> perl.o(.text+0x1410): undefined reference to `run'
> perl.o(.text+0x1d0c): undefined reference to `run'
> perl.o(.text+0x21a8): undefined reference to `run'
> make: *** [miniperl] Error 1

	I went through the source code for 5.003_02 and was not able
to find an occurrence of the run() function, which leads me to believe
that it may be a misconfiguration issue.  However, I would leave the bug
tracking to Perl gurus.  In the meantime, you can compile Perl 5.003_02 or
higher without statically linking fastcgi and instead using a Perl/Sfio
mechanism.  This is a better alternative, since you do not have to
recompile all Perl source with an addition of the new features.  More
information can be found at :
http://www.fastcgi.com/kit/doc/fcgi-perl.htm
	I would like to hear if you were successful with the above
alternative.  Hope that was of some help.
							Stanley.