Re: What's a good, stable FastCGI platform?

Eric J. Schwertfeger (ejs@bfd.com)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:56:10 -0800 (PST)

Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 13:56:10 -0800 (PST)
From: "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To: JimBenster@aol.com
Subject: Re: What's a good, stable FastCGI platform?

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997 JimBenster@aol.com wrote:

> Some possible OS candidates would be
>     Linux
>     BSDI 3.0
>     Solaris
> I don't want to limit consideration to just these options, but they're what
> I'm currently considering.

Consider FreeBSD.  It's more stable as a server than Linux (I've run
both, so this is from personal experience), and after adding one patch
posted in this mailing list, I haven't had any problems with FastCGI.  I
do most of my work in C and in Perl.  Of my main two FastCGI apps, one has
taken 10's of thousands of hits without a single logged error, getting
stuck, etc, and the other has taken about half as many hits, and cored
once (it's a chat room CGI, and is still in beta).