Re: [fwd] How to SysAdmin Apache FCGI ?

Michael Smith (mjs@cursci.co.uk)
Wed, 05 Mar 1997 16:15:47 +0000

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 16:15:47 +0000
From: Michael Smith <mjs@cursci.co.uk>
To: "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
Subject: Re: [fwd] How to SysAdmin Apache FCGI ?

Eric J. Schwertfeger wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Stanley Gambarin wrote:
>
> > How does one refresh an AppClass executeable without doing
> > a kill -SIGHUP on httpd?
>
> Hmmm... I've been killing the FCGI app itself, but that still requires you
> to get more than normal privledges.

I refresh my FCGI apps via the web server.  Ie make request like

http://www.foo.com/fcgi-bin/ap.fpl?restart

where the fpl code is written to respond to such a signal by dying.  If
you have more than one, and they don't restart in quick succession then
you could send a few of these.  I guess it is not guaranteed to work in
those cases tho'.

I don't killing the FCGI app as that will kill anyone who is accessing
it at that time.

Mike