Re: To get rid of database connection with each CGI call ...

Anthony Rumble (anthonyr@ce.com.au)
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 07:36:00 +1100 (EST)

Subject: Re: To get rid of database connection with each CGI call ...
To: yin@parc.xerox.com (Yuxi Yin)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 07:36:00 +1100 (EST)
From: anthonyr@ce.com.au (Anthony Rumble)

> Has anyone developed a program that makes database connection as daemon process so that each CGI only
> needs to talk to this process to have database transaction instead of connecting
> to database with each CGI call?
>
> I am also trying to use FastCGI to get rid of the database connection for each
> CGI call. How do you compare these two methods?

FastCGI is the go.. because your application can make it's
database connections at start time.. and leave them open.

I have a whole set of rpm files to get you going with FastCGI.

afio compiled
perl 5 with afio support
apache with fastcgi support

If you want a copy, gimme a yell

--
Anthony Rumble - Online Ordering Systems
Corporate Express Australia Limited