Signal mapping in Perl5-fcgi

Gregory J. Murphy (gjmurphy@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 12:55:11 -0500 (EST)

Date: 	 Sat, 8 Mar 1997 12:55:11 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gregory J. Murphy" <gjmurphy@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
To: fastcgi <fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: Signal mapping in Perl5-fcgi

When I installed perl5-fcgi via the handy fcgi-configure script that comes
with the fcgi developer's kit, it failed to run the tests that check for
signal names, and mapped them all to SIG-O.  When I run the default
configure script that comes with the Perl distribution, this test is run
properly and the names are mapped correctly.

I was compiling using GNU cc, in Solaris 2.4.

I fixed the problem by manually editing the resulting config.sh file
before running make, so all works well.  I thought I should report this,
however, in case it needs to be fixed for a future release of perl5-fcgi.

[Incidentally, I see this problem was reported once already to the list by
Alan Sparks, which leads me to believe it is not specific to my
platform/environment.]

Gregory Murphy, Text Systems Manager
CETH (The Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities)