Signal mapping in Perl5-fcgi

Gregory J. Murphy (gjmurphy@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 12:55:11 -0500 (EST)

Date: 	 Sat, 8 Mar 1997 12:55:11 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gregory J. Murphy" <gjmurphy@phoenix.Princeton.EDU>
To: fastcgi <>
Subject: Signal mapping in Perl5-fcgi

When I installed perl5-fcgi via the handy fcgi-configure script that comes
with the fcgi developer's kit, it failed to run the tests that check for
signal names, and mapped them all to SIG-O.  When I run the default
configure script that comes with the Perl distribution, this test is run
properly and the names are mapped correctly.

I was compiling using GNU cc, in Solaris 2.4.

I fixed the problem by manually editing the resulting file
before running make, so all works well.  I thought I should report this,
however, in case it needs to be fixed for a future release of perl5-fcgi.

[Incidentally, I see this problem was reported once already to the list by
Alan Sparks, which leads me to believe it is not specific to my

Gregory Murphy, Text Systems Manager
CETH (The Center for Electronic Texts in the Humanities)