RE: FastCGI for Perl with Oracle?

Yuxi Yin (yin@parc.xerox.com)
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:04:29 PST

From: Yuxi Yin <yin@parc.xerox.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: RE: FastCGI for Perl with Oracle?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 18:04:29 PST

Hi,

I finally built the FastCGI with Perl5.003 with Oracle extension.

I was having problem(email posted 2 days ago) to build DBD-Oracle, and it is solved now.

Here is the tips I would like to share:

1) don't use gnu ld, but gcc is O.K.

2) DBD-Oracle is implemented by using Oracle OCI. With different version of Oracle, the
lib(and the sequence) to link is different. Here is what I use for Oracle7.3:

/oracle/lib/libclient.a -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclient -lcommon -lgeneric -lsqlnet -lncr -lsqlnet -lclient -lcommon -lgeneric -lepc -lnlsrtl3 -lc3v6 -lcore3 -lnlsrtl3 -lcore3 -lnlsrtl3 -lm -lnsl -lstublm -lcore3 -lm -lnsl

Yuxi