[fwd] fastcgi and Perl working

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 12:19:07 -0500

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: [fwd] fastcgi and Perl working
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 12:19:07 -0500
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 01:15:12 -0500
From: Al Byers <byersa@agva.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: fastcgi and Perl working

I just got the FCGI module installed and working on a DEC Alpha running
OSF/1(3.2) and I thought I would mention the things that gave me
trouble. It will probably show my lack of knowledge, but such comments
from other people have helped me in the past.

I installed the Apache 1.2b7 server and it gave me no trouble, except
the '-?' command line argument did not seem to work, and I had to fully
qualify the -f argument.

1. I had to use version 5.003_93 (5.004 beta). At least 5.003_07 gave me
fits.

2. In order to compile 5.003_07 ( I didn't take it out of _93), I had to
include the ccflag argument, -D__STD_C , because that is what the sfio
modules were looking for (instead of -DSTANDARD_C?). This kept them from
including the varargs.h file and redefining va_start .

3. In order to install the FCGI-0.28 module, I first had to install
perl(rather than just test it in the source directory), which I didn't
want to do. I just installed it into /usr/local/perl5-fcgi . Otherwise,
it wouldn't find libraries. The obvious things - I set PERL5LIB to point
there and changed the interpreter lines at the top of my programs, too.

4. In order to compile FCGI , I had to include the ccflag argument,
- -D__STDC__ , because that is what the fcgimisc.h module was looking for
in order to correctly define assert.

5. I also learned that I am too old for this. I would appreciate it if
anyone can point out obvious blunders. I hope I am not to old to learn.
- --

Al Byers                      Automation Group of Virginia
P.O. Box 1091                 Waynesboro, VA 22980
540.949.8777                  byersa@agva.com

------- End of Forwarded Message