Qs regarding AppClass -initial-env

Ken Overton (kov@jhu.edu)
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:46:36 -0500

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:46:36 -0500
From: Ken Overton <kov@jhu.edu>
Subject: Qs regarding AppClass -initial-env
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com

With the excellent example provided by Yalcin Bozcaada I've created a simple
authorizer which checks a remote address against a list of IP-ranges to be
allowed; checks against a list of addresses to be denied; checks for a valid
username/password if the above 2 ops failed.

Now I want to use this simple authorizer in around 50 different regions, so I
want to keep these simple lists in standard places for each region and then
tell the authorizer where to find these config files.

If I use -initial-env to pass a config-directory variable to my authorizer,
does that mean that I'll have 50 authorizers (plus their instances) hangin
around chewing on memory?  I guess I could deduce the config-dir from
PATH_TRANSLATED each time, but is there another ENV variable that's passed for
each authorization that I can exploit?

many thanks,

-- kov

--