Open Maket and FCGI Authorizer Question

David Moulton (DMOULTON@novell.com)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:29:20 -0700

Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:29:20 -0700
From: David Moulton <DMOULTON@novell.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Open Maket and FCGI Authorizer Question

This is a little hard to explain, but I'll try...

I'm using Open Market Secure server 2.0 and 2.1 beta on Solaris 2.5.1.

I have a FCGI authorizer that is used in an authorizeRegion of /* . But, I don't actually
do any authorizing unless the user requests a doc from specific subdirectories. When the
person authorizes, one of the ENV vars that is set is called 'CONTACT_ID'.

Now, I would expect that when this var gets set, because the authorizeRegion is /*, that
this var should persist anywhere on the site. But it doesn't seem to do this. If I then go
to another dir, one that doesn't require authorization, the CONTACT_ID var goes away.

I've checked and rechecked the code, and even had it log what the CONTACT_ID var has right
at the top of the FastCGI while loop. It is empty when in one of the unprotected dirs.

Any ideas? Am I stupid?

Dave Moulton dmoulton@novell.com