Windows NT Setup

Ben Gavin (gavinb@supranet.net)
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 10:22:19 -0600

Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 10:22:19 -0600
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
From: Ben Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
Subject: Windows NT Setup

Hi,
  I have been trying to setup the FastCGI 2.0b1 stuff on a Windows NT 4.0
machine.  We use Borland C++ 5.01, and I have gotten the cgi-fcgi.exe to
build, it seems to have required that libfcgi.dll be built first.  Anyway I
built the two programs which compiled fine, not too much work to make them
a Borland Project.  Then I moved the executable and the small test programs
over to our server, following the NT_Install directions.  Now when I call
on a program with the .fcgi extension it fires up the cgi-fcgi.exe and just
sits there.  My browser eventually says that the server is not responding
and quits, but then the cgi-fcgi stays in memory, which I think it should.

  The funny thing is that when I do another call to the same .fcgi program,
it starts another instance of the cgi-fcgi.exe program.  Is this supposed
to happen?  I don't think so, and it doesn't work even after that.  Also
when I run tiny-fcgi.exe it doesn't want to return the correct headers, or
at least my browser says it is not returning the correct headers.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,
Benjamin Gavin