Re: FastCGI SSI hit counter

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 07 Apr 1997 10:32:08 -0400

To: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>
Subject: Re: FastCGI SSI hit counter
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 10:32:08 -0400
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> 	That's it, no MT is necessary.  If you are expecting a very high
> load, you can start more than one copy of the tiny-fcgi at one.

	As it was pointed out to me, the above assumption is not entirely
correct.  If you use multiple copies pf the tiny-fcgi running, each one
of them will have a separate counter variable, so the whole purpose is
defeated.  Alternatively, you can implement some scheme to synchronize
the value amonst multiple copies of the tiny-fcgi, such as file or shared
memory.

>Finally,
> if you still want to use multi-threading, you will have to wait for a while,
> since there is currently no support for multithreading FastCGI applications.

	This would be easier to implement since all copies will share
same process space, but like I said above, you will have to wait until
multithreaded library for FastCGI will be written.

						Hope that was of some help.
							Stanley.