Re: fcgi

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 07 Apr 1997 10:53:42 -0400

To: Wessel Kraaij <kraaij@tpd.tno.nl>
Subject: Re: fcgi
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 10:53:42 -0400
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

> Apache 1.2b4
>
> fcgi developers kit 1.3.c

	Get the latest updates for the mod_fastcgi and fcgi developers kit
from :
	http://www.fastcgi.com/applibs and
	http://www.fastcgi.com/servers/

	Edit Apache's Configuration file to include a line such as follows:
Module fastcgi-module mod_fastcgi.o

	In Apache's directory :
	% ./configure
	% make

> I started httpd with the httpd.conf file supplied with the
> apache-fastcgi distribution.
>
> I tried http://<myhost>:5556/examples/echo.fcg but it returned a page
> mostly filled with garbage characters. I tried this both on a DEC
> alpha with Digital Unix 3.2c and a Sparc station running solaris 2.5.

	Make sure that your application is tagged as fastcgi.  There is
description of how to do it in the mod_fastcgi.html using SetHandler
Apache directive.  The garbage characters that are returned is indicative
of the fact that Apache does not know that the above is fastcgi, so it
just returns the data, instead of decoding it.

					Hope that was of some help.
							Stanley.