Re: sfio and Perl (fwd)

Raul Gonzalez Barron (barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu)
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:27:28 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 11:27:28 -0500 (CDT)
From: Raul Gonzalez Barron <barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Re: sfio and Perl  (fwd)

Hi there!

I am trying to run fcgi with sfio.

I downloaded the kit for sfio, "untared it", but when I run make, I get
the following messages:

/******************************************************************/
vcserv:barron% make
gcc -c -I. -O  sfsetbuf.c
In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:17,
                 from sfhdr.h:62,
                 from sfsetbuf.c:7:
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.5/2.7.2.1/include/sys/types.h:186:
warning: redefinition of `ssize_t'
ast_common.h:99: warning: `ssize_t' previously declared here
sfsetbuf.c: In function `sfsetbuf':
sfsetbuf.c:51: `Stat_t' undeclared (first use this function)
sfsetbuf.c:51: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sfsetbuf.c:51: for each function it appears in.)
sfsetbuf.c:51: parse error before `st'
sfsetbuf.c:130: `st' undeclared (first use this function)
make: *** [sfsetbuf.o] Error 1

It appears that ssize_t is defined in the gcc-lib and in the sfio library
(among the other messages). I have't modified the code, so I wonder
if the gcc libraries or some of the sfio libraries need to be modified, or
if there is a patch that needs to be run to compile sfio.

Thanks for your help,

Raul