Re: FastCGI 2.0.0

Ben Gavin (gavinb@supranet.net)
Mon, 07 Apr 1997 15:06:05 -0500

Date: Mon, 07 Apr 1997 15:06:05 -0500
To: snapper@OpenMarket.com
From: Ben Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
Subject: Re: FastCGI 2.0.0

At 03:15 PM 4/7/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Yes, I have.   I could be biased though as I developed this.  I use
>Microsoct VC++ 4.2 and it works fine.   I believe you're trying to use
>Borland's compiler and I have not built this with Borland so I can't
>help you there.
>
>1) Do you have access to VC++?
>
>   If so, please try and use that to start with.

Unfortunately I don't.

>2) Have you made sure that:
>   A) All your FastCGI executables are in the same place as libfcgi.dll
>              OR
>   B) Added a path to your system environment path pointing to
>      libfcgi.dll?

I have both.  I have a copy of them in winnt\system32 and along side the
excutables.

>3) Have you properly specified the entry in the registry for cgi-fcgi?

  The registry entry reads as follows:
    System\CurrentControlSet\Services\W3SVC\Parameters\ScriptMap\
  .fcgi:REG_SZ:c:\Bin\cgi-fcgi.exe -f %s

>4) Have you tried running just tiny-fcgi.exe by itself and if so does
>   it work?  This should work from a dos command prompt or as a CGI
>   script.

  Yes, it does work.  Prints just as the program says, from the command
prompt and from Netscape.  But when I run tiny-fcgi_nt.fcgi it invokes
cgi-fcgi.exe (shows in Task Manager), and then just sits there.  I don't
get a no response message or anything from the browser.  And no matter how
many times I do it, it just spawns another instance of cgi-fcgi.exe, it
never reuses the old version.

Thanks for any help,

Ben