FCGI Authorizer gives extra 401-error output?

Ken Overton (kov@jhu.edu)
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:22:06 -0400

Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 11:22:06 -0400
From: Ken Overton <kov@jhu.edu>
Subject: FCGI Authorizer gives extra 401-error output?
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com

The subject is probobly misleading -- my authorizer is written to output a 200
message if authorization succeeds and a 401 if it fails.  I've noticed that
when I test the failure condition of the authorizer, the web page which is
displayed in my browser begins with a "401 Unauthorized" HTTP 1.0 message, just
before the contents of the error-message.

Do I not need to output my 401?  How do I inform the server that this access is
not authorized without messing up my error page?  The webserver in question is
OpenMarket 2.01.

thanks,

-- kov

--