Re: Netscape support

Bill Snapper (
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:59:24 -0400

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 08:59:24 -0400
From: Bill Snapper <>
To: SM Waddell <>
Subject: Re: Netscape support

There is currently no native support for FastCGI in the Netscape
server.  You can use FastCGI with Netscape today but you would have
to use the cgi-fcgi "shim" application.  This would give you process
persistence and the ability to access FastCGI scripts on another
machine connected via TCP/IP.

The Open Market Secure Web Server does support native FastCGI and
is available on Sun.  It is also available as a native plugin in
the APACHE server.

- Bill -

Bill Snapper           | Open Market, Inc.   | My opinions are my own,
Software Engineer      | 245 First St.       | and not necessarily | Cambridge, MA 02142 | those of my employer,
1-617-949-7365         |                     | Open Market Inc.