[fwd] SSI Implementation

Stanley Gambarin (gambarin@OpenMarket.com)
Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:42:49 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: [fwd] SSI Implementation
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 14:42:49 -0400
From: Stanley Gambarin <gambarin@OpenMarket.com>

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 13:20:46 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jim Boutcher <jimb@oasis.novia.net>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: SSI Implementation

Quick question..

I wrote a fastcgi to handle banner ad rotation.. On my index page, I just
use an #include virtual directive, and everything works fine.

Now, I want to include banners on pages generated by a normal CGI program.

I don't want to just cut and paste the code, because it's a duplication of
effort, and I'm going to lose all the advantages of running my program as
a FastCGI program. (Tracking how many ads were served up, keeping track of
the randomness, autoloading all the ad information at Initialization time,
etc)

The only way I can think of to pull this off is to do a popen on "telnet
127.0.0.1 80" and request the fastcgi...

Is there an easier and more efficient way?

Jim Boutcher

------- End of Forwarded Message