perl5-fcgi signal fix.

Ken Alexander (kalex@eecs.umich.edu)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 21:51:02 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 21:51:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Alexander <kalex@eecs.umich.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: perl5-fcgi signal fix.

I see from the archives that other people were having the same problem
that I was with fcgi perl not recognizing signals.
I finally found out why this is.

There is an error in fcgi-devel-kit/perl-5/perl5.002/Configure .
Change line 8047 from this:

    if $cc $ccflags signal.c -o signal $ldflags >/dev/null 2>&1; then

to this:

    if $cc $ccflags signal.c -o signal $ldflags $libs >/dev/null 2>&1; then

and your problems will be solved.  At least, mine were, under solaris 2.5.

The problem is that without "$libs" on that line, gcc won't find FCGI_printf,
so this compile will fail, so Configure can't use it to generate the list of
signals for config.sh, so perl later gets compiled without them.

--
 Ken Alexander          JSTOR / UMDL                +1 313 647 6316
 kalex@umich.edu        University of Michigan      +1 313 647 6897 fax