Re: Fast-CGI with Informix

Zoran Vasiljevic (zoran@v-connect.com)
Fri, 2 May 1997 09:40:37 +0000

Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:40:37 +0000
From: Zoran Vasiljevic <zoran@v-connect.com>
To: John Van Stralen <jvanstralen@geocities.com>
Subject: Re: Fast-CGI with Informix

John Van Stralen wrote:

[snipped]

> Fast-CGI program I connect to the database at the start of the program
> and then enter the "while (FCGI_Accept() >= 0)" loop and then make the
> select call to the database. I get in return a SQlSTATE of IX000
> (Informix reserved error message), the sqlcode is -461, sqlca.errm comes
> back with nothing and sqlerrd[1] is 0. Has anyone run in this problem?
> Has anyone been successful with using Fast-CGI with Informix?
>
> I am using an Apache web server on Solaris 2.5 with FastCGI version
> 2.0b2.

We have been using it extensively with OnLine 7.x with no problems
whatsoever. Did you check all of those environment variables
(INFORMIXSERVER, INFORMIXDIR,...). Error -461 seems as you dont get a
connection to the dbserver (although error description says something
wierd about transferring TEXT to BLOB column values...).
Also remember that FastCGI uses two environments (one initial and one
per-request). Be sure that both of them have these Informix env
variables defined.
--
Zoran Vasiljevic
Vision Connect Gmbh