Re: Java FastCGIs on AIX with Apache

Daniel I. Applebaum (danapple@vicor.com)
Fri, 02 May 1997 16:39:10 -0700

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Re: Java FastCGIs on AIX with Apache
Date: Fri, 02 May 1997 16:39:10 -0700
From: "Daniel I. Applebaum" <danapple@vicor.com>

Well, I've got my FastCGIs working most of the time on the AIX/Apache
platform.  But about 20% of the time, the java VM will exit as I
described in my previous message.  I have written a script to restart
the VM after 30 seconds.  Sometimes it'll crash the first time I try
to access it after the restart, sometimes it runs for a long time.

Is there anything I need to know about how long to wait before
restarting, whether it would be better to use a privileged port, or
anything else that could be leading to this behavior?

BTW, I'm not trying to share ports, I'm just trying to run a single
external FastCGI on port 9999.

Dan.