installing Fast CGI with PERL on Solaris 2.5

Muffy Barkocy (muffy@greetst.com)
Tue, 6 May 1997 17:47:07 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 17:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Muffy Barkocy <muffy@greetst.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: installing Fast CGI with PERL on Solaris 2.5

Hello all.  I've been beating my brains out on this off and on for a
week now, with no success.  I have Perl 5.003 patch level 3 installed on
my Solaris 2.5.1 system.  I have tried both the sfio and fcgi_stdio
methods for integrating Fast CGI with my Perl.  The instructions at

http://www.fastcgi.com/kit/doc/fcgi-perl.htm

do not work for me.  When compiling sfio (97), I get all sorts of errors
which appear to be coming from the generation of ast_common.h.  I
finally made this compile with many -D switches to the make command.
However, I'm not sure that that was the correct solution, and I would
like to hear from someone with experience in this.  Having finally made
it compile, I tried to integrate it with my Perl, which seemed to work,
but then when I tried to make Fast CGI, it said that my Perl did not
have sfio/perlio.

When configuring Perl, I was never asked the question about IO that is
shown in the instructions:

    Perl5 can now use alternate file IO mechanisms to ANSI
    stdio. However these are experimental and may cause problems with
    some extension modules. Use stdio as with previous versions? [y]
            You should answer no.

So, I gave up on sfio and tried fcgi_stdio.  I got errors in proto.h
about aff__ or something like that, which I can't find in there.

Does anyone have any suggestions or pointers?

Thanks...

Muffy Barkocy (webmaster, greetst.com)