Re: installing Fast CGI with PERL on Solaris 2.5

Al Byers (byersa@cfw.com)
Thu, 08 May 1997 09:18:36 +0100

Date: Thu, 08 May 1997 09:18:36 +0100
From: Al Byers <byersa@cfw.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Re: installing Fast CGI with PERL on Solaris 2.5

Ken Alexander wrote:

> *BUT* after all this, sfio fcgi perl has a nasty problem.
> When running several fastcgi processes, and requests come in close together,
> the process will exit and the client will hang.  The fcgi module bombs in
> an accept() call, which causes the perl "while(FCGI::accept() >= 0)" loop
> to exit.  I have no idea why this is.  So, I went back to using fcgi_stdio.
Is this a problem that other people have been having on other platforms?
I have sfio working on a DEC Alpha, and I plan on having several
processes and lots of volume, but I haven't gotten to that point yet. I
would rather not have any nasty surprises when I get there. Not crazy
about going back to 5.002, though.

While we are on the subject - are there people who have given up on FCGI
and just written servers to handle their problem with minimal CGI
programs? I guess that is what cgi-fcgi is for. Many people given up on
fcgi and gone to cgi-fcgi?
--
Al Byers                         Automation Group of Virginia
(540) 949-8777                                  P.O. Box 1091