building Perl with sfio

Raul Gonzalez Barron (
Sat, 10 May 1997 12:16:05 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 12:16:05 -0500 (CDT)
From: Raul Gonzalez Barron <>
Subject: building Perl with sfio

Hello Fastcgi developers,

Well, I thought Perl had been successfully built with sfio. But when
I try to install the Perl/sfio module, I get the message saying that perl
isn't compiled with perlio/sfio support. So I'm stepping back to look at
rebuilding Perl. I am positive that the sfio source code compiled without
any problems. Now, when I look at the script that was created when I was
rebuilding Perl, I have checked it thoroughly and I did not see anywhere
the following question (that I am supposed to see, according to step 7
of the literature @ )
during the configuration process:

Perl5 can now use alternate file IO mechanisms to ANSI stdio. However
these are experimental and may cause problems with some extension
modules. Use stdio as with previous versions? [y]
You should answer no.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Does the configuration needs to
be done with any additional flags?

Please help!