OpenMarket Error Messages

David Moulton (DMOULTON@novell.com)
Mon, 19 May 1997 14:38:54 -0600

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 14:38:54 -0600
From: David Moulton <DMOULTON@novell.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: OpenMarket Error Messages

I have been unable to get the proper "error-unauthorized" message to come up
when a user fails to authenticate him/herself to my site. I want the message
to come up when the user has clicked cancel in the password box. Instead, I
get a "Document Contains No Data" message. I suspect I am doing something
wrong in my authorizer. Here is the  relevant code:

if (remoteUser && remotePassword && contactId) {          FCGX_FPrintF(out,
         "\r\n",             contactId);       }       else {
FCGX_FPrintF(out,             "Status: 401 Unauthorized\r\n"
"WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=\"Novell Secure Site\"\r\n"

Any ideas? I'm using Openmarket 2.1.

Dave Moulton dmoulton@novell.com