Re: Perl 5.004 + sfio + FastCGI: Success!

Ken Alexander (kalex@eecs.umich.edu)
Wed, 21 May 1997 23:05:41 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 23:05:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Ken Alexander <kalex@eecs.umich.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Re:  Perl 5.004 + sfio + FastCGI: Success!

> I have successfully compiled perl5.004 with sfio97 and later installed
> the FCGI 0.28. All this happened on Solaris 2.5.1.
>
> The trick to getting perl to recognize sfio is to copy:
>
> [...]
> $SFIO_HOME/lib/libsfio.a
> $SFIO_HOME/lib/libvdelta.a
> to /usr/lib.

The trick is to get the perl Configure to find the sfio libs one way
or another.  Basically it appears that the sfio libs MUST be in a
directory that is in the answer to Configure's question
    "Directories to use for library searches?"

This defaults to "/usr/lib" and some others depending on your system.
So, one solution is to put the sfio libs in one of those directories,
which is what you did above.

Another solution is to add $SFIO_HOME/lib when you answer that question,
like if it says the default is "/usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib" you instead answer
"/usr/lib /usr/ccs/lib $SFIO_HOME/lib", which is what I did.

--
 Ken Alexander          JSTOR / UMDL                +1 313 647 6316
 kalex@umich.edu        University of Michigan      +1 313 647 6897 fax