measuring processing time

Raul Gonzalez Barron (barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu)
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 22:51:20 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 22:51:20 -0500 (CDT)
From: Raul Gonzalez Barron <barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: measuring processing time

Hello all,

I was finally able to get fastCGI up and running! I have ported several
CGI applications following the information in the white paper. I have one
question about its performance, though. I am measuring the time it takes for the browser
to process both the CGI and FastCGI applications and it seems to take about
the same time for the CGI application (sometimes longer) than the original CGI application.
Do you think the difference will be noticed when there are several users accessing
the application at roughly the same time? or do you think there might be another reason I am overlooking when comparing their performance?
I am running both the CGI and FastCGI  applications on a secure Web server.

Thanks in advance for your comments / suggestions,

-Raul