Problem building Perl with sfio

Jiri Glumbik (jiri.glumbik@vitkovice.cz)
Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:59:47 +0000

From: "Jiri Glumbik" <jiri.glumbik@vitkovice.cz>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:59:47 +0000
Subject: Problem building Perl with sfio

Hello !

I have problem with building Perl with sfio library on AT&T MP RAS
UNIX release 3.00. I have built my Perl by instructions provided
by http://www.fastcgi.com :

1) I have built SFIO library

2) I have run configuration of Perl>
	 sh ./Configure -Dusesfio -Dperlio
	+ answers about sfio directories and library

3) I have installed the FCGI module for sfio

The build seems to be O.K., but after I want to test my fast-cgi
program (echo.fpl), I can see  this error:

dynamic linker: /usr/local/perlfast/bin/perl: symbol not found: sfdisc

I have tried perl5.004, perl5.00397, sfio95 and sfio97, FCGI-0.28,
FCGI-0.27, but the result is the same. The library sfio (libsfio.a)
is linked O.K. When I use the "nm" program, i can see the
sfio function names in perl binary.
Do I have right versions of the programs. Do you have experience with
AT&T Unix and Fast CGI ?

				Can anybody help me ?

PS: Excuse my english
----
Jiri Glumbik                      VITKOVICE,a.s.
tel : +42 69 2929028              Informatika
mail: jiri.glumbik@vitkovice.cz   Ruska 60
                                  706 02 OSTRAVA
                                  CZECH REPUBLIC