module mod_fastcgi setup

Raul Gonzalez Barron (barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:23:58 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 13:23:58 -0500 (CDT)
From: Raul Gonzalez Barron <barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: module mod_fastcgi setup

Hello,

I think I know one reason why I am getting the unexpected lower
performance of FastCGI. I have only included the mod_fastcgi in the
Configuration file (and copied the mod_fastcgi.c on /src in
the Apache's directory), but I haven't completed the setup on the server
(Everything else is done: Perl with sfio and the FCGImodule).

In the documentation, it is mentioned the use of a combination of
mod_fastcgi directives and other directives provided by the Apache server.
And that in order for an HTTP request to be processed by mod_fastcgi the
request's handler must be fastcgi-script or the request's MIME type must
be application/x-httpd-fcgi. This is what I had been wondering for so
long, how to be assured that the application actually was being processed
by the FastCGI interface and not the CGI one.

Do anyone have a sample configuration for the server that I can follow
to complete the setup (httpd.conf / srm.conf)?

Any other comments / suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,

-Raul