mod_fastcgi for Apache setup

Raul Gonzalez Barron (barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:05:56 -0500 (CDT)

Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:05:56 -0500 (CDT)
From: Raul Gonzalez Barron <barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: mod_fastcgi for Apache setup

Hello again :-)

As I am reading the mod_fastcgi setup document, I am understanding a
little better how the setup is done. (I am following up my previous
message with 2 specific questions). I would like to outline what I
understand the procedure is and I would greatly appreciate
your comments:

1- In srm.conf I need to put
AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcg

(and of course have all the fast-cgi applications end with .fcg)

or if I do it using the SetHandler option in the httpd.conf (see below),
how would the server know how to associate the fastcgi processes with the
files based on this extension?)

2- Below are the relevant lines from httpd.conf (from the sample
Configuration). I am guessing that the only modifications that needs to be
done is in the <Location /examples/echo> is to change the path where my
actual fastcgi applications are.

# Tell httpd where to get the FastCGI douments
DocumentRoot /apps1/webman/fcgi-devel-kit

#Start the echo application
AppClass /apps1/webman/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/echo -initial-env

#Have mod_fastcgi handle requests for the echo app
#(otherwise the server will return the app's binary as a file!)
<Location /examples/echo>
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>

#Start a FastCGI application that's accessible from other machines
AppClass /apps1/webman/fcgi-devel-kit/examples/echo.fcg -port 8978
<Location /examples/echo.fcg>
SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>

Is there something else that needs to be done to setup the server's
module (I have already copied mod_fastcgi in the/src directory of the
server and included it in the main Configuration file?

Thanks,

-Raul