Re: QUESTION: anyone written authentication using fastcgi on apache?

Sonya Rikhtverchik (rikhtver@OpenMarket.com)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:38:36 -0400

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Re: QUESTION: anyone written authentication using fastcgi on apache?
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 14:38:36 -0400
From: Sonya Rikhtverchik <rikhtver@OpenMarket.com>

Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:41:58 -0400
From: "Mark W. Sutterlin" <marks@bbn.com>

> i'm trying to write a script which does authenication, and time-out and
> re-authenication based on complex rules contained in the application
>
> i want to use fastcgi and any one of the various web servers on the market
>
> has anyone done this for apache (or netscape or iis)?
>
> the comments in the module for apache say that it is not implemented
>
> anyone know how to pass the authenication headers through to the script?
> --
> simon

You might want to look at the June 1997 issue of Dr. Dobbs journal if you can
find a copy. There is a good article starting on p. 88 entitled "Web
Extensions and Applications Using FastCGI".  It provides an authorizer
example, and indicates that the authors had modified Open Market's Apache
fastCGI module to enable Authorizer functionality.  I haven't looked at the
code, but if its good (and I think it would be) and the authors are agreeable,
maybe someone can get it incorporated into the current "official" Apache
fastCGI module...

Downloads available from:

http://www.humanfactor.com/downloads/

Mark Sutterlin
BBN Corporation (soon too be part of GTE)
msutterlin@bbn.com

------- End of Forwarded Message