Linux 2, Apache 1.2, fastCGI 2.0b2, fcgi apps won't stay up - UPDATE

Felix Morley Finch (felix@crowfix.com)
19 Jun 1997 05:50:29 -0000

Date: 19 Jun 1997 05:50:29 -0000
From: Felix Morley Finch <felix@crowfix.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Linux 2, Apache 1.2, fastCGI 2.0b2, fcgi apps won't stay up - UPDATE

Had a small inspiration while in the shower.  Rather than have two
very similar configurations, for regular and SSL, I put all the common
configuration into a separate file, so that only the Port,
SSLDisabled, and FastCgiIpcDir were in distinct files.  This meant
that FastCgiIpcDir was out of sequence compared to the complete
original configuration.  Trying twoseparate complete configuration
files solved the problem of initial logs/fcgi ownership and mode.
However, the browser still hangs until timeout.

So let me knock my questions down to two:

1.  Is there any reason not to allow relative pathnames for
FastCgiIpcDir?

2.  And most important (!), what am I doing wrong that kills the fcgi
apps as soon they get their sockets, directory, and mbox file created?

      Felix Finch, scarecrow repairer, rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
            PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F