Starting multiple processes

Conrad Damon (damon@netserver.Stanford.EDU)
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 15:58:45 -0700

To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Starting multiple processes
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 15:58:45 -0700
From: Conrad Damon <damon@netserver.Stanford.EDU>

I'm using fastcgi on Solaris with Apache 1.1 and mod_fastcgi 1.4, and when I
try to start up more than one process (using the -processes option for
AppClass) the fastcgi process starts up fine but dies when accessed:

[Tue Jun 24 15:28:31 1997] mod_fastcgi: /web/cgi-bin/filters/formage.prl pid
15301 terminated by calling exit with status = 0.

Anyone else seen this? Using Apache 1.2 with mod_fastcgi 2.0 seems to work
fine, but we haven't moved to Apache 1.2 in production.

By the way, is there any documentation as to the various status values that
mod_fastcgi returns? That would be really helpful, especially for people just
starting out. From what I remember, you get a 13 if the perl executable can't
be found, a 9 for not compiling, etc. Don't know what the 0 means.

Thanks,

Conrad