Re: Starting multiple processes

Stanley Gambarin (stanleyg@cs.bu.edu)
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:11:28 -0400 (EDT)

From: Stanley Gambarin <stanleyg@cs.bu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:11:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: damon@netserver.Stanford.EDU, fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Re: Starting multiple processes

	As far as I remember, mod_fastcgi 1.4 was designed for Apache 1.2 and
should not be working under 1.1,so I am guessing you are using mod_fastcgi 1.3
As for the problem that you have mentioned, the logging of the termination
of the fastcgi processes occurs in the FastCgiProcMgr function, where the
error is logged when either mod_fastcgi is unable to exec() the process, or
child dies, or other error condition occurs.  The status = n message indicates
the value of the errno variable which was returned after a system call.  To
see what it means, go to (usually) /usr/include/sys and look at file errno.h
which lists all the numbers and corresponding errors.
	Finally, status=0 usually means that the program terminated normally,
so what I guess is happenning is that you did not configure the fastcgi
correctly and Apache thinks its cgi, executes it once (when accessed) and
terminates. Check your config files for the mapping of the .prl extension
to fastcgi (check docs for how to do it).  Finally, you might want to use a different
directory for the fastcgi executable and not to use cgi-bin.
					Hope that was of some help.
								Stanley.