Re: FastCGI with: Solaris 2.5.X, Apache, and Perl with sfio97

Jonathan Roy (roy@atlantic.net)
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:25:48 -0400

Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:25:48 -0400
To: Raul Gonzalez Barron <barron@EESUN2.tamu.edu>,
From: Jonathan Roy <roy@atlantic.net>
Subject: Re: FastCGI with: Solaris 2.5.X, Apache, and Perl with sfio97

At 05:24 PM 6/25/97 -0500, Raul Gonzalez Barron wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I would like to know if anybody has FastCGI working with Solaris. I have
>decided to start over due to problems I was having (terminated with
>status = 1, and OS Error: Interrupted System call messages). I am going to
>make sure that this time I have the exact version of each of the modules
>that are needed.

  Works great for us. Had a few bugs we've fixed and submitted patches for
inclusion in the original dists.

>My previous settings were (the machine and OS remain the same):
>Sun Ultra Sparc 2, Solaris 2.5.1, Apache 1.2_b11, mod_fastcgi version
>1.4.3, Perl 5.004, FastCGI Developer's Kit 2.0b2, FCGI-0.28, and sfio97

  It's a SS20 with Solaris 2.5.0, Apache 1.2.0, 1.4.3 (plus patches), perl
5.004_01 or so, FCGI-0.28 (plus patches), and sfio.

>I would sincerely appreciate if someone that has successfully gotten this
>to work under Solaris to please let me know to check the versions you
>used. Also I would really appreciate if you could please send me a copy of
>the httpd.conf and the srm.conf to make sure I am doing it right this
>time. Please let me know as getting FastCGI to work has now become the key
>part of my research.

srm.conf:
AddType application/x-httpd-fcgi .fcg
FastCgiIpcDir /web/tmp
AppClass /export/home/djh/htdocs/adverts/ad.fcg -processes 1
-listen-queue-depth 50 -restart-delay 1
AppClass /export/home/bryant/mpog_html/adverts/ad.fcg -processes 2
-listen-queue-depth 50 -restart-delay 1

  I think that is the only fastcgi related conf stuff.

-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Roy - roy@idle.com - Idle Communications, Inc.
Idle Communications accepts contract work in Perl/C/C++