Re: FastCGI with: Solaris 2.5.X, Apache, and Perl with sfio97

Jonathan Roy (
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:59:49 -0400

Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:59:49 -0400
To: Sven Verdoolaege <>
From: Jonathan Roy <>
Subject: Re: FastCGI with: Solaris 2.5.X, Apache, and Perl with sfio97

  That's understandable, but keep in mind some new naive person installing
FastCGI/etc under Solaris who gets the latest version of things like will have an unreliable setup which can lock up the FCGI manager. I
guess the real solution is for Open Market to get the patches into their
development kit, release a new version of it, then release a .31
with the patches applied...

At 06:51 PM 6/27/97 +0200, Sven Verdoolaege wrote:
>On Jun 26, Jonathan Roy <> wrote:
>>   FCGI-0.30 does NOT have the os_unix.c OS_IsFcgi() patch to include
>> locking around the accept() call. This is the problem area which causes the
>> manager to die on Solaris. I can only assume this means the patch to
>> prevent zillions of dying fcgis at restart time is also missing. I don't
>> believe that patch ever appeared on the mailing list... it must have some
>> sort of anti-patch filter running. ;)
>Hmm... I _did_ just copy the one from the fastcgi 2.02b distribution.
>I'm not sure I should have patched files.
>I'd rather wait for a new library release.
>To the person that will do that, could you _please_ include
>the version number in the name of the tarball.

Jonathan Roy - - Idle Communications, Inc.
Idle Communications accepts contract work in Perl/C/C++
programming, CGI development, and general system admin.