Q: Configure apache to run Java FCGI

Edith Au (edith@pencom.com)
Tue, 01 Jul 1997 15:17:05 -0400

Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 15:17:05 -0400
From: Edith Au <edith@pencom.com>
To: fastcgi-developers@OpenMarket.com
Subject: Q: Configure apache to run Java FCGI

Hi,

I am trying to configure apache 1.1.3 to run FCGI written in Java 1.02
I got upto the point where I can run the example echo from the
fast cgi development kit (v1.5.1).  However, I can't run the Java
sample program (TinyFCGI) from the development kit documentation.

One thing I notice is that there is no Java example in the
examples dir (though the doc said there is).  I copied the example
to a text editor, compiled it using java1.0.2, and then 'AddClass' the
program to my httpd.conf file.  I ran the Java program on a
command line and it seems fine.  But when I started apache, I found
these messages in the error_log

[Tue Jul  1 14:23:11 1997] mod_fastcgi:
/u/edith1/apache_1.1.3/fcgi-bin/TinyFCGI restarted with pid 23077.
[Tue Jul  1 14:23:11 1997] mod_fastcgi:
/u/edith1/apache_1.1.3/fcgi-bin/TinyFCGI pid 23077 syscall execle failed
before entering app, errno = Exec format error.
[Tue Jul  1 14:23:11 1997] mod_fastcgi:
/u/edith1/apache_1.1.3/fcgi-bin/TinyFCGI pid 23077 terminated by calling
exit with status = 8.

I think I need to invoke the Java interpreter to run the program.
But how do I instruct apache to use the interpreter?

Any pointer will be greatly appreciated.

edith